September 9, 2011

Hopping madness...

You know how I said spring had sprung in the wonderful land of Oz… Well apparently it sprang up high and landed splat on its face coz it’s now so cold that I am frozen into submission and am now forced to listen to the ranting of the caterpillar for the next week. The evil bunny won’t even fetch me a hot cup of tea!
Unfortunately this week has not only been cold but it has also been a bit full on and time consuming in the real world. So I have missed my usual Tuesday and Wednesday posts and have yet to put up this week’s book review. I assure you all I will catch up in this next week though :)

Now for the hop, first up is Parajunkee's Follow my book blog Friday which is also hosted by Alison at Alison Can Read!


The feature blogger for this week is Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka

Q. Have you ever wanted a villain to win at the end of a story?  If so, which one??

Yes yes yes! The first one that comes to mind is in the Vampire academy series. I absolutely wanted Dimitri Belikov to turn Rose into a vampire and have them both slaughter the other strigoi he was working under and take over the world. Unfortunately I knew it had to be a different ending lol





Secondly the Crazy for books weekly hop...



The question this week is...
“Many of us primarily read one genre of books, with others sprinkled in. If authors stopped writing that genre, what genre would you start reading? Or would you give up reading completely if you couldn’t read that genre anymore?”

I suppose I would start reading more horror books again. Then again I have really mellowed in my old age (okay so I'm only 29) so I could even turn to romance. It's hard to say really. I read all the time. Be it books, newspaper, internet forums, blogs, magazines... I am always reading something. I can't see myself not reading anymore just because my genre of choice isn't available.

Happy hopping!

14 comments:

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

It would have been a very different story had she been turned. It would have been interesting.

Black Disaster Fairy said...

Sounds like I must get my hands on the Vampire Academy series! Stat!

Black Disaster Fairy



A World of Personality

Unknown said...

I have VA on my shelf, the whole series (oops, except The Last Sacrifice). I really should start reading them soon!

new follower,
April
Friday Hops

Anonymous said...

Hi
Just hopping by and following through! I'd read the phonebook if that was all that was left :)

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

View my post

Unknown said...

I wanted Dimirti to turn Rose Strigoi too! I just wanted them to be together so bad and that seemed like the easiest answer! New follower! Super cute blog! Check out my answer:

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Unknown said...

LoL! I haven't read the VA books, so I'm not sure how all that would change the story, but it's always fun to think about well, what if this happened??!!
*new follower - I love your blog, btw!
Courtney
Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

Tia said...

I can't wait to read the VA series! I don't know why I haven't! It's been on my tbr list forever.

My Follow Friday!

Unknown said...

hopping through and new follower.

Jenni Elyse said...

I really need to read VA. I still haven't and many blogs have said Dmitri as their answer.

Jennifer said...

Dimitri's good in any flavour.

New follower Jenaissance.

Lindsay Cummings author said...

hey! i'm a follower here! i'm spreading the word about Teen Shiver, a new group of YA authors that have combined together! stop by the Teen Shiver blog and follow us?? :)

http://teenshiver.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

What a neat blog....love the name and the side panels.

NEW FOLLOWER.

Hopping by from the blog hop.

Stop by my blog when you can to see my answer.

Elizabeth

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

And here we are more than a month later and it's still too cold for October. When oh when is it going to warm up!

Heather said...

Holy crap! You've done a lot of work since the last time I visited :)

Hope all is well and what an awesome blog you have!

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using MK Design's Tea Time Kit